Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Market Mania~

Went to Carrefour yesterday evening.
And i did some shopping.

Well, to be precise i did some grocery shopping. Not at the dry food section but at the fresh market section. Alone.

And it was my first time. Heheh. Kinda like it tho. Because i think i am the fresh market type. I always find myself browsing around the fresh market section, everytime i go to supermarkets or hypermarkets. Eventhough papa always do the fresh part, i will always go and have a look around. I dunno y but i really enjoyed looking at the fresh fish and meats, spices, vegetables, fruits. And i will always feel like buying it and do some terrific cooking with the ingredients (i wish my cooking could be terrific :P)

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com
I am particularly attracted to herbs. Especially the rare ones..The ones used in non-Malaysian cooking. U know, Italian, Mexican, Mat Salleh cooking. Yesterday i found out that Carrefour have this individually wrapped herbs. I was so happy. I was like "Wahh,lenkali bleh la beli sini". Heheh. Almost all kind of herbs are there, and i finally recognized dills and rosemary :D

When i go to Isetan or Jusco, i will always browse through the Japanese section. Currently i found 'soy bean paste' which is used to cook Miso soup. Yummy. Now i know what to do when i want to cook Japanese. Just go to Jusco or Isetan. If i want to cook western2 thingy, go to Carrefour. If Malaysian x worry la. Usually i will find everything at Giant.

I am really a fresh market enthusiast. I should've taken a Culinary degree. Haha ;D.

Anyone know how to cook Baked Potato? The internet confuses me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home