Friday, March 11, 2005

The musical side of me~

News from UTP: Da Capo is ON for a concert~ and they are doing it when I am not around!!!!

Uwaaaaaaaaaaaa~~!! Rasa cam nak nangis je..Huhu. I want to play. I have to play. I have been waiting so long for this kind of thing, now I am not sure whether i can make it or not :(

Now i realized that I have been playing the saxophone for a long time already. Wait, since Form 2 eh? So it's like six years..Huhu..But i am not a pro. Just played for the school band and currently for the university. Performed for UTP like 4 times already..So kira amateur je la. Nonetheless I am glad that I am making some progress, at least I am satisfied with what I have achieved.Of course I cannot play the sax constantly, as I cannot own one. It's like too mahal, and I think I'm doing OK playin seasonally with the band.

I have always been dreaming of playing in a concert, u know, indoors and in front of huge number of audience. I wish i could play for Dewan Filharmonik PETRONAS, but i heard the requirements are like at least Grade 5 in music courses.. I haven't taken any, i learn mostly from experience. When I was in school i was playing for a marching band, so i was under the sun constantly..and yes, with the saxophone. It was kind of tiring and yet still lots of fun. But I admit our school band wasn't that glorious, because of the lack of commitment in the organization (my school was in the East Coast, so u should know their attitude towards music2 thingy). Our instructor was often disheartened too, all of the same reason.Ever since then, i was like wishing i could be in a better band and play in a concert . Everytime i watch or hear a band playing, be it any kind of band, I feel a tingling exciting sensation in me, and i imagined that I was there.So when I joined the UTP band, at least it's better. I get to play for the convocation ceremony, and also the Official Opening of UTP by Pak Lah.

Aha, I also played gamelan too. Haha. Baru sedar lagi. Yup, UTP's Gamelan. I played Bonang Penerus. The smaller version of the Bonang Barong. It was awesome too, playing traditional music. I passed the extra co-cu of Gamelan 1 and Gamelan 2. I chose to play Bonang because I loved the challenge. But I had only a lil chance of performing, i only did it once with the team. And then I was called for the band. But it was fun. Now I only sneak around to play the Bonang (the band and gamelan training rooms are just beside each other), everytime i have a 15 mins break of band practice. Heheh.

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

My passion for music has been developing since I joined the band in lower secondary..I never got formal lessons, I learn to read notes and scores from more experienced friends and instructors. I admit that I cannot read scores straightaway when I receive them, so don't expect me to play a new song on the spot. Haha. But i can play the instruments :) The combination is easy -- Get a score, 'study' it, practice and play~ -- The harmonic sound produced by the collection of instruments never failed to put a smile on my face.

So now I am learning to play the guitar. Bolehla tambah koleksi. Heheh. Alto Saxophone, Bonang Penerus and Guitar :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home